A bit about me...

Special Education has always been a part of my life in some form. My mother was a special educator for 25 years, and because of her influence I have had the desire to work with the special needs population since I was a child. I am in my third year of college now at the University of South Alabama and have truly enjoyed every step of the way to becoming an early intervention special educator. My short term goal is to transfer to Auburn University to acquire an emphasis in autism. I will be periodically updating this blog with what I have learned both as a journal for myself and a way to present my qualifications when I can finally begin the process of looking for job. Feel free to make any comments or ask any questions about my blog or about me!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Blogging-An important tool I learned in my EDM 310 class this semester

Blogging is becoming increasingly popular in all areas of education. It is used as a networking tool for students, teachers and parents to communicate with one another and the world. Many teachers use blogging as a way to update parents and students on lessons and activities in the classroom and as a way to communicate with other teachers around the world involving topics and projects that may be useful to them in their own classrooms. Students use the tool for staying updated in their lessons and projects, and as a way to portray what they have learned to other students and teachers, and their parents who may view their blog. Education is no longer limited to the classroom and local community! As Dr. Strange calls it in my EDM310 class, we are now involved in we can imagine as class space, not classrooms!

I just started following a couple of blogs dedicated to early childhood education, and look forward to learning how other teachers manage and educate their students. Some of these blogs also include updates in research done on early childhood special education, specific teaching strategies being used, and what changes are taking place with the government involving early childhood education services. I hope that my blog can be helpful to other perspective and current teachers in the future. These blogs are giving me a greater understanding of how blogging can be used and creative ways to utilize my own.

A few helpful blogs I have found include: Reginald Williams blog, edweek blog, and The National Professional Development Center on Inclusion blog. Feel free to explore these blogs and comment on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment